What is Art*o*mat®?

What is Art*o*mat? Created by Clark Whittington in 1997, Art*o*mat® machines are retired cigarette machines that have been converted to VEND ART! For only $5 you can collect paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography, jewelry, glass, mixed media and more -all the size of a pack of cigarettes. There are over 100 active machines in various locations throughout the country. "Mat," the machine featured in this road trip blog, was the first Art*o*mat® hosted in Washington state in 2005 and now "MAThilda" is proud to be the first machine hosted in New Mexico, debuting in February 2013.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Welcome "MAThilda" New Mexico's First Art*o*mat Machine

Meet "MAThilda" my new art vending machine -the very first Art*o*mat® to be installed in New Mexico!
 Greetings Art*o*mat® Lovers! It's been a little while since I've last posted because I've been spending most of my time in the interim selling my house  in Tacoma, Washington and moving to Santa Fe, New Mexico.  I am happy to report that I've acquired a new Art*o*mat® machine and I will be debuting "her" (her name is MAThilda) in February 2013.  Please visit my new blog, Art*o*mat® Santa Fe, for details. We hope that if you're in the area you'll stop by on Saturday Feb. 16th 1-5pm at El Centro De Santa Fe:102 East Water Street, Santa Fe NM.  Meet MAThilda, creator Clark Whittington, and of course I'll be there with Corky too. There will be refreshments! Check out this article about it in the Santa Fe Reporter.
Here is the machine before she got her magical transformation into "MAThilda." Mar. 2012
All my new Art*o*mat® posts will be on my new blog:Art*o*mat® Santa Fe.  Thanks for looking and I hope you click over to my new blog to follow the adventures of MAThilda in Santa Fe, NM!

No comments:

Post a Comment